18.8.10

Time. Patience. Determination.

Those three words pretty much sum up my day. 


I made myself get up early (not an easy task!) in order to get everything accomplished. By 10:00 I had mixed cookie dough and was ready to bake. I watched the replay of the Queen Pageant I was recently in. The crowning for it is Friday! Ahhh! Okay, so before you get the wrong impression, no, I'm not some stuck up girl who's obsessed with beauty and pageants. Our little town has a Queen pageant every year, and the girls who are rising seniors are allowed to participate. It means scholarship money. Gotta pay for college somehow. :)


Anyways, I managed to hit up the library. I got kind of upset because they STILL don't have my season of Army Wives in! It's been "In Transit" for over a week, and several libraries have copies in! After that, I went up to pay school fees and talk to the Spanish teacher. Turns out, I'm going to have to take three quarters of college Spanish in order to get 1 high school credit. Bullshit? I think so. Hopefully I can get that straightened out with the guidance counselor tomorrow.


I mailed out my blanket and some delicious cookies to Aaron. Hopefully they don't get lost in the mail room down in Goose Creek. That tends to happen a lot. I want those cookies fresh when they arrive. The post office lady was kinder to me than she was yesterday. Yesterday when I tried to buy a sheet of stamps, she was very unfriendly. Not to mention, I handed her a twenty and she gave me a dollar and twenty cents in change. WHAT!? Last time I checked, a sheet of stamps was only $8.80! I made sure I got my ten dollars back. :)


For the remainder of the day, I've been attached to my computer. I added some pages that I'm pretty stoked about. This thing is finally starting to come together. It's been requiring all of my patience, but once I accomplish something (like that sweet photo reel thing that I'm going to make even sweeter tomorrow), I feel like I'm on top of the world. Definitely a confidence booster. :) 


The page will still be changing, at least until I start classes and get rid of some of this spare time. I can be glad that I didn't decide to try this blog thing sooner.... there's no way I could have done this all summer AND read fifteen or sixteen books. Oh well, summer is coming to an end and so is my extreme amounts of free time. Being busy is good. Keeps my mind off my sailor. Am I the only one that goes crazy when I have nothing to do but sit and think about him? I can't even watch T.V. without doing something else. Hurray for homework! Boy, I never thought I'd hear the day when I'd say that.


Off to read a few pages before sleep. Goodnight all. :)


P.S. Since it's technically the 18th now, I can officially say Happy 2nd Birthday to my adorable niece, Lily. What a cutie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.